“If you are interning for a Real Estate Agent, you get the flexibility of an agent’s lifestyle”. Those words were running through my mind as I was sitting on a Thursday morning, completing one of the tasks assigned to me during this internship from home instead of the office.
Karen, my boss and the co-owner of Go West Realty, explained on the first day how the life of a real estate agent worked; self-motivation, drive and hard work were required. Yet it was to be a mix of these traits and just enjoying life. On an average morning I could be found talking and laughing with the co-owners for an hour drinking coffee, but suddenly it’d be hyper-drive work time because a new lead opened up.
I learned tons on property management, residential sales and investing. Partially through sitting down and having Karen explain things to me, and partially from completing the tasks she usually does day-to-day.
Karen showed me how a career in real estate can fit an adventurous lifestyle like mine. Benefits include having the ability to go for mid-day work outs, travel whenever, and direct your company as you wish. I can now use this intern experience to pursue my own real estate career!
In closing, thank you Karen and the Go West Team for having me as an intern over the last month, I learned skills that I will take with me for the rest of my life!