Thursday, August 4

August 4

Today was my third day at the Hatch Engineering firm in Winnipeg. My day started at 8 o'clock in the morning as I swung by my supervisor, Brett Todd's office to greet him good morning and to discuss what I'd be doing for the day; not to mention getting a cup of amazing coffee from the 15 different selections in the small kitchen area!

While Brett didn't have any specific jobs for me at the very moment I still had some reading I could do about the Wuskwatim Generator in Manitoba. Brett had asked me to take a look at the specifications of the project and compare it to how they would be carrying out Keeyosk Generator. I found it really fascinating to learn about Hatch's involvement in the project and what they were doing to help see it completed.

During the day I also received my very own key card with my picture on it, which would allow me to access to the locked areas. After lunch I looked over the Wuskwatim project again and also read up on the other things Hatch Engineering was involved in (as noted in their 2011 booklet). I finished the day with another cup of great coffee as I cleaned up my office and headed out through the elevators. Although it's still early into my internship, I'm very eager to see what else it has in store for me as the month progresses!

Damien Grayda
Hatch Engineering
Winnipeg, MB