Tuesday, August 2

August 2

Today marked the start of my Shad internship at Polar Mobile, a company that provides a Platform for media companies to launch branded mobile apps across smartphones. As I took my seat on the GO train heading to Union Station in downtown Toronto, I was filled with excitement and anticipation. My twin sister was with me since she is also interning with Polar Mobile. Upon arriving in downtown Toronto and finding the right building, my sister and I took the elevator to the fourth floor and walked through the door into Polar Mobile’s suite. We were greeted warmly and we waited with two other Shad interns. I really enjoyed meeting them and reminiscing about our Shad Valley experiences!

After a short while, the VP of Sales and Business Development walked over and introduced himself. He began our orientation, but we were soon told to join the employees to watch some of the Technology Developers demonstrate their current projects. They were working on developing scoreboards for sports apps on their newest Platform. Throughout the morning, we heard from a Quality Assurance Manager, a Product Manager, and others from the business side of the company about what the company does, how it works, and what it’s goals and expectations are.

The VP of Sales and Business Development kindly treated us to sushi for lunch, and then my sister and I began to do some preliminary research relating to some of our projects for the month. My sister will be focusing on product research, and I will be focusing on marketing research.

I love the energy and the innovative attitude that the company exudes – I am certain that my time as an intern at Polar Mobile will be an enlightening and thoroughly enjoyable experience!

Jacqueline Pitre
Polar Mobile
Toronto, ON