Tuesday, August 23

August 23

“As one of the largest independent software quality assurance companies in Canada, PQA offers the perfect solution for clients seeking the ideal balance between managing testing costs during development while improving quality in an effort to release products to market in a timely, efficient manner.”
(Description of the company by PQA)

Today was my second day, of the fourth, and last week at PQA. I’m sad to say that the internship has gone by so fast. I have enjoyed each week of work and have learned a lot of new skills. The people at PQA are amazing; they are great at explaining things and are willing to help me whenever I have a question.

During the first week, we learned about the company and computers. I learned about computer parts and what software testing was all about. It is actually more complicated than one would think!
Week two, we went into computer website testing. My partner and I were given the job to make sure that certain websites have the correct content and the functionality of the site is working properly. We did this by following a template given to us by the company, and later on in the week we got to make our own test cases.

Week three, we got into system-generated document testing which was a fun experience, and this week we just started animation testing. Each time we switch to a different part of the company we have a theory day. This is a day when they teach us about the department we will be working in and how it works. After that they give us a project to apply the skills we have just learned.

I would like to thank PQA and Shad Valley for the amazing opportunity, it has been an eye opening experience and I have learned so much!

Patricia Quek
Professional Quality Assurance (PQA)
Fredericton, NB