Tuesday, August 9

August 9

“As one of the largest independent software quality assurance companies in Canada, PQA offers the perfect solution for clients seeking the ideal balance between managing testing costs during development while improving quality in an effort to release products to market in a timely, efficient manner.” (Description of the company by PQA)

Essentially, what the company does is it ensures the quality of products from other numerous companies. Through contracts, different organizations put their products (mostly software/virtual products) into PQA, and PQA goes through series of testing and quality control in order to detect any problems that might exist.

For the first week, my partner and I spent the majority of our working hours learning basic theories behind the company’s function and mission, and we also gained some hands on experience with simple computer hardware and operating system configurations.

Monday morning, as I anticipated another typical day at PQA, I was struck with news that got me both excited and scared. One of the employees was scheduled to leave the company by the end of this week, and the CEO insisted that my partner and I actually take on the job that the leaving employee was responsible for. In another words, we were to be involved in the company as more than just interns, but as actual employees. I was excited because it meant getting a unique and genuine experience that not many other internships could offer, but I was scared because the pressure would be tremendous. In the end, I am truly honored that the CEO has much trust and confidence in me, and in saying that, I will definitely contribute to the company to the best of my ability.
As of this morning, we already began to work on some testing cases for Dove® Canada in order to be prepared for what was waiting for us next week. This is not easy work, but one of the things I learned from Shad is that nothing comes easy in life.

I would like to thank Shad Valley and PQA for what I know will be an unforgettable and excellent experience. I am positive that the introduction and valuable guidance into the work world that this internship provides will impact my future.

Justin Lee
Professional Quality Assurance (PQA)
Fredericton, NB