It is my penultimate day at my internship with Benbria. Benbria is a startup high-tech company in the Kanata Research Park. Benbria designs notification services, and has also developed a talkback IP speaker.
The first thing you have to know about Benbria is that there are many interns. Almost half the people present are interns, most of them from University. The environment is quite relaxed, with interesting discussions occurring everywhere.
As an intern, I am doing the testing of Benbria's notification system. I test their web application, which is used to automatically send notifications to multiple people at once. I write and test test cases, as well as programming scripts that allow the test cases to be run autonomously.
Benbria is a great place to work. Everyone is very nice and helpful, and they are all great people to talk to. As well, we often go out to lunch or dinner, or even rock climbing, on company expense.
This internship has been a great opportunity for me to learn about the workings of the high tech sector. Thank you Benbria and Shad Valley for providing me with this wonderful opportunity.
Bryan Wu
Benbria
Ottawa, ON