It’s my second last day of working at MTS Allstream Inc. Even though it takes me about an hour to arrive at their Etobicoke office for Technology Development, I’m excited to come to work everyday. On the first day, I was assigned a major project to develop a barcode reader android application to improve the inventory within the company. My product will be used extensively to help keep track of the company’s devices with the simple tap of a button. Being able to work at my own pace and tackle the problems on my own definitely challenged me, but I’ve still had a lot of fun in the process.
One of the best things about this internship is the people. Even though everyone is working on his or her own projects, I’ve found that the internship still gave me an opportunity to meet new people. During this month, I have had lunch with the President of MTS Allstream Inc., Dean Prevost, as well as my bosses and some of the employees. Getting this time to get to know the people within the company made me feel more welcomed and made this experience that much more valuable.
Truthfully, I’m extremely sad to leave this workplace. I will never forget the time that I’ve had and the knowledge that I’ve learned from MTS Allstream. I wish every day would be like this one.
Thank you MTS Allstream Inc. for this amazing opportunity, I never imagined working for a company could be this much fun!
Sarah Tan
MTS Allstream Inc.
Toronto, ON