Thursday, September 1

September 1

This August, I had the opportunity to work as an intern at Xerox Research Centre Canada. Xerox Research Centre Canada is Xerox's main materials research facility and is, as I discovered, home to all sorts of chemical and scientific innovation. I took part in a Materials Integration lab, performing a variety of tests and experiments to evaluate the durability and properties of experimental types of ink. I found the month to be a highly enjoyable learning experience.

From the first day of my internship to the last, I was pleased and excited to be a part of an environment of top-tier scientific innovation. The first thing I noticed in the front lobby was the wall titled "Xerox Research Centre Canada's Top Innovators," which celebrates the researchers to receive their 50th and 100th patents. Walking down the hallways of the building, I would pass by countless labs with scientists scurrying about in lab coats.

I am thankful to my supervisor and the employees in and out of my lab who were very helpful and supportive. My supervisor guided me along the numerous projects he was working on, and was always willing to answer any questions I had. The other employees in my lab were very friendly and more than happy to show me what they were up to.

As a student with a strong interest in science and technology, this has been a wonderful experience and an exhilarating glimpse into the world of scientific research. I am definitely going to miss my month at XRCC!

Greg Chen
Xerox Research Centre of Canada
Thornhill, ON